03 Dec Asian Allure- Sri Lanka and the Maldives fr. £1,995pp
Sri Lanka and the Maldives makes one of the best honeymoon destinations with its beautiful, panoramic landscapes and our tour gives you the chance to combine a culturally rich experience with a relaxing beach holiday at the end of your romantic getaway. An ideal honeymoon combination!
This package, includes visits to the UNESCO world heritage sites, misty foothills and private safaris spotting exclusive leopards and then finally to the golden sandy beach in the Maldives to unwind yourself. Undoubtedly, this Twin-Centre holiday package combines a perfect mix of History, culture and beach relaxation which makes this an active but enjoyable holiday that’s hard to beat.
Highlights of the Sri Lanka and Maldives tour
- Take a trip back in time discovering UNESCO World Heritage sites including the Sigirya Rock Fortress and The Temple of the Tooth in Kandy
- Cuddle up in the misty foothills of the Sri Lankan highlands
- Indulge in a private safari spotting elusive leopards and a host of migratory birds
- Take a walk through a Dutch fort and discover some chic bargains
- Celebrate your love in luxury with a private garden, pool and beachfront terrace
- Dip your feet in azure waters, be pampered in style and dine on some spectacular seafood
Price per person for this twin-centre holiday costs from £ 1,995
– International flights including all taxes with Sri Lankan Airlines
– Accommodation in 4* hotels on twin / double room on half board basis for 8nights
– Private transfer by air conditioned car with your personal chauffeur/ guide
– All entrance fees as indicated
– Vehicle for the safari at National Parks
– All applicable taxes
– Accommodation at Kuredu Island Maldives on Beach bungalow for 7nights on all-inclusive basis
– Return airport transfer by seaplane
– Meals and beverages when not mentioned above
– Alcoholic beverages
– Camera/video permits at the Elephant Orphanage and Kandy Temple
– Gratuities to guides, drivers, wait-staff, maid service, porters, telephone calls and items of a personal nature.
– Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
– Visa fee (@USD35 per person) – please refer http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ for more information and to obtain the ETA visa
– Any other expenses not mentioned above
– Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
– Any other services not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Tour (16 Days)
Day 1 Departure:
Depart from London Heathrow for a direct flight to Colombo.
Day 2 Colombo:
Upon arrival at Colombo airport you will be met by your personal chauffeur guide and driven to the chic boutique property known as Ozo Colombo (4*) (transfer time:approx.1h30m). Relax and later in the evening take a tour of the city including the Pettah Bazaar, the bustling Fort area and the local park.
Day 3 Colombo - Habarana:
After breakfast you will head to Habarana Village by Cinnamon (4*) on route stopping at the Pinnawala elephant orphanage to watch a bottle feeding session as well as observe these gentle giants take in a well-deserved dip in the local river (transfer time: approx. 4h30m). Check in at Habarana Village by Cinnamon. Rest of the day at leisure or take an evening safari at Minneriya National Park (optional).
Day 4 Sigirya & Polonnaruwa:
Immerse yourself in a day of culture as you discover the sacred ancient capital of Polonnaruwa and the architectural marvel that is the Sigiriya rock fortress. Afterwards retire to the hotel where you may wish to enjoy its amenities or enrich your stay with a sunset elephant back ride by the lake.
Day 5 Kandalama - Kandy:
After breakfast travel to Kandy via Matale where a visit to a spice garden is a must, catch a cookery lesson and learn why this island is so famously known as the spice island (transfer time: approx.2h30m). Arrive in Kandy and stay at the Earl’s Regent (4*). Take in a tour of the city of Kandy and the sacred Temple of the Tooth and return to your hotel to spend the rest of your day at leisure.
Day 6 Kandy - Nuwara Eliya:
As a guest Today you will be driven to Nuwara Eliya (transfer time: approx.2h 30m) visiting a Tea plantation and factory en route. from Kandy through the lush tea plantations to the cool climes of Nuwara Eliya. Be welcomed to the Grand Hotel (4*) and relax amidst the stunning scenery.
Day 7 Nuwara Eliya - Yala:
Today depart to the edge of Yala National Park (transfer time: approx.5h), where you will be staying at the exotic Cinnamon Wild Hotel (4*) where you can take in an afternoon safari in order to spot large herds of wild elephants, deer, crocodiles, wild buffalo and peacocks and the elusive leopard.
Day 8 Yala - Bentota:
After your morning safari and breakfast proceed to Centara Ceysands in Bentota via Galle (transfer time: approx.5h) and take in a tour of the Dutch fort and shop for some trinkets to take back home. Galle is home to the world famous Galle literary festival and was a former Dutch and British stronghold with its cobble stone paths and quirky cafes this boho chic town should not be missed. Upon completion proceed to Bentota for your last night stay in Sri Lanka
Day 9 Maldives:
Leave for Colombo airport (transfer time: approx.2h) for your direct flight (1hr30) to the Maldives. From Male airport a seaplane takes you to Kuredu Resort (4*). This stunning resort will be your home for the next 7 days.
Day 10 – Day 15 Kuredu Resort:
Staying in a Beach bungalow on all-inclusive basis. It is located at the northern rim of the Lhaviyana Atoll, a ring of beautifully secluded islands in the Laccadive Sea. White, powdery sands encase the island along with green foliage to create a tropical utopia which guests are free to explore and enjoy at leisure.
Day 16 Departure:
Depart by speedboat to board your return flight to London Heathrow.