14 Dec Cast Away – Sri Lanka and Maldives fr. £3,500pp
Experience an once in a lifetime honeymoon to Sri Lanka and Maldives with the following itinerary which incorporates Sri Lanka’s premier Boutique hotels with the luxury of Maldives with the culture and stunning scenery of Sri Lanka. This holiday has been designed by our specialists to ensure your honeymoon is truly memorable. It can also be customised to create an individual holiday, according to your desires. Contact our travel team to discuss the details of your perfect twin-centre honeymoon.
Highlights of the tour
- Stays in intimate boutique properties perfect for honeymoons
- Visits to UNESCO World Heritage sites which include the Sigirya Rock Fortress and the revered Temple of the Tooth in Kandy
- The perfect blend of culture, adventure and relaxation
- Unwind in the epitome of luxury with your own private beach front terrace, pool and gourmet dining in romantic settings
- Wake up to panoramic stunning ocean vistas and be a water baby with an onsite and water sports centre in the Maldives
Price per person for this twin-centre honeymoon from £3,500
- International flights including all taxes with Sri Lankan Airlines
- Accommodation at luxury boutique hotels in a double room on half board basis for 6nights
- Private transfer by air conditioned car with your personal chauffeur/ guide
- All entrance fees as indicated
- All applicable taxes
- Accommodation at Constance Moofushi for 7nights in a beach villa on all- inclusive basis
- Return airport transfer by seaplane
- Complimentary bottle of wine on arrival in Constance Moofushi and a complimentary in room gift
– 50% off on a spa day in Constance Moofushi
- Lunch throughout
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera/video permits at the Elephant Orphanage and Kandy Temple
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, wait-staff, maid service, porters, telephone calls and items of a personal nature.
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Visa fee (@USD35 per person) – please refer http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ for more information and to obtain the ETA visa
- Any other expenses not mentioned above
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
- Any other services not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Tour (16 Days)
Day 1 Departure:
Overnight flight from London Heathrow to Sri Lanka
Day 2 Kotugoda:
Upon arrival at Colombo airport be greeted by your personal chauffeur guide who will remain with you throughout your time in Sri Lanka. Be driven to the homely boutique Wallawwa Bungalow (transfer time: approx.30m). Spend the rest of your day unwinding in their manicured lawns or by their inviting pool sampling the scrumptious cuisine on offer.
Day 3 Kotugoda - Sigiriya:
After a relaxing night at the Wallawwa you will be driven to the sprawling Jetwing Vil Uyana (transfer time: approx. 4h30m) boutique property after breakfast, on route stopping at the Pinnawela elephant orphanage to take in a bottle feeding experience and to observe these majestic creatures refreshing themselves with a cool dip in the local river. Arrive in Jetwing Vil Uyana after your drive across the lush paddy fields of the heart of Sri Lanka to check into this secluded hideaway set amidst acres of greenery. A candlelight dinner under the stars is the perfect way to end this evening.
Day 4 Sigiriya:
The perfect honeymoon includes the perfect blend of rest and adventure, if you so desire it. Keeping this in mind after breakfast we would recommend a tour of Polonnaruwa. You may also choose to include a trip to the Dambulla cave temples on route. After an insightful day discovering the culture and history of Sri Lanka arrive back at your hotel for a relaxing couple’s spa treatment to soothe away the wears of the day.
Day 5 Sigiriya - Kandy:
After breakfast climb the majestic Sigirya Rock Fortress to take in the breath taking surrounding vistas and be fascinated by this architectural marvel. Afterwards travel to Kandy via Matale where a visit to a spice garden is a must, catch a cookery lesson and learn why this island is so famously known as the spice island (transfer time: approx.3h). Arrive in Kandy and stay at the majestic manor of Kandy House which is a regal boutique property which is perfectly secluded and serene. Be sure to take a dip in their infinity pool or rejuvenate yourself with a yoga session.
Day 6 Kandy:
Take in a tour of the city of Kandy and the sacred Temple of the Tooth and return to your hotel to spend the rest of your day at leisure unwinding perhaps with an Ayurvedic spa treatment or a game of croquet.
Optional: If you are travelling during the month of August, it is well worth spending two nights in Kandy for an unforgettable spectacle of culture as the city of Kandy comes alive during the Esala Perahera which is the world’s oldest, religious and cultural pageant. Be sure to book your front row seat during one of the ten street processions that takes place in the Kandy city starting from the Temple of the Tooth. Festivities come complete with fire dancers, over 100 mighty elephants and of course the famed replica of the tooth relic of Lord Buddha around which this procession is based. (Prices for this experience start from GBP 50 per person)
Day 7 Kandy - Colombo:
After a hearty breakfast proceed to the capital of Sri Lanka (transfer time: approx.4h) and check into Uga residency. Residence is a unique eleven-suite luxury hotel in Colombo with its spacious, leafy gardens and private courtyards, its gourmet restaurant, swimming pool, gym, bar and ‘great room’ for private functions, the Residence Colombo is a much more refined choice for long or short stays in Colombo.
Day 8 Maldives:
Depart to Colombo airport (transfer time: approx.1h) for your direct flight (1hr30) to the Maldives. From Male airport a seaplane takes you to Constance Moofushi (5*). This retreat combines the perfect blend of luxury and simplicity set amid pure lagoons, sandbanks and palm trees you have found paradise.
Day 9 – Day 15 Constance Moofushi:
Staying in a beach villa overlooking the expansive azure coast enjoy all the trappings of an all-inclusive stay that includes anything from sparkling chilled wine to mouth-watering exquisite cuisine.
Day 16 Departure:
Depart by sea plane to board your return flight to London Heathrow.