18 Feb Cruising the Yangtze River – A discovery holiday to China fr.£2,595pp
Holiday to China with our discovery tour combining the best of China’s ancient history, the impressive city sights of Shanghai and Beijing and an unforgettable 4-day cruise along the Yangtze River taking in the spectacular scenery of this vast country.
Seeped in history, you’ll explore the imperial wonders of China, including Beijing’s Forbidden City and Xian’s famous Terracotta Warriors. From the comfort of your luxury cruise-boat, relax and take in the views of the Yangtze’s magnificent Three Gorges. Along the way, you’ll see a slice of riverside life from the villages and small towns nestled on the river bank, have chance to try some amazing food and absorb the region’s rich culture as you travel in style.
And with time to explore the stunning cityscapes of vibrant Shanghai and modern Beijing, this holiday to China opens up a country of contrasts just waiting to be discovered.
Holiday to China Highlights:
- Discover Shanghai city-life and take a bullet train to Yichang
- Cruise the spectacular scenery of the mighty Yangtze River, including the impressive Three Gorges
- 4 night luxury cruise
- Take an excursion on the Shennong Stream in traditional boats
- Marvel at Xian’s world-famous Terracotta Warriors
- Explore the ancient wonders of Beijing’s Forbidden City and picturesque Summer Palace
Per person sharing on a double / twin room on 4* accommodation from £2,635
Per person sharing on a double / twin room on 5* accommodation from £2,595
- Flights including all applicable taxes
- Accommodation for 11night
- All meals on-board cruise vessel, breakfasts daily and some lunches provided
- Domestic flights mentioned in the itinerary incl. airport tax and fuel surcharge
- Train and other transfers mentioned in the itinerary in air-conditioned vehicles
- All sightseeing and entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking guide during sightseeing
- Tips and personal expenses
- All costs not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Tour (12 Days / 11 Nights)
Day 1 Shanghai:
Transfer on arrival to your hotel and acclamatise to Shanghai life. Later, take a city visit to the impressive People’s Square.
Day 2 Shanghai:
Relax at leisure with the option to take a city tour of historic Shanghai
Day 3 Shanghai – Yichang: (train journey: approx. 7h30m)
Catch the high-speed bullet train to Yichang, take a tour of the city before joining your cruise ship for the evening.
Day 4 Yangtze River Cruise:
Set sail along the Yangtze to pretty Xiling Gorge and visit the huge construction site of the incredible Three Gorges Dam before passing through the impressive locks. Enjoy a Captain’s welcome dinner and cabaret.
Day 5 Yangtze River Cruise:
Take an excursion on the Shennong Stream in traditional pea boats. Sail through Wu Gorge known for its forest peaks before continuing on to the dramatic Qutang Gorge.
Day 6 Yangtze River Cruise:
Stop off in Fengdu, which is home to nearly 50 temples and known as the City of Ghosts.
Day 7 Chongqing – Xian: (flight journey: approx.1h30m)
Disembark the ship at Chongqing and fly on to the ancient city of Xian. Maybe visit the well-preserved Xian City Wall before an evening at leisure.
Day 8 Xian:
Visit the site of the mighty Terracotta Warriors. This vast clay army was built to guard one of China’s emperors in the afterlife. Tour to one of the most famous Buddhist temples in the world, the Wild Goose Pagoda.
Day 9 Xian – Beijing: (flight journey: approx.2h)
Fly to Beijing, transfer to your hotel and in the evening, visit the picturesque Summer Palace.
Day 10 Beijing:
City tour highlights include the imperial Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven.
Day 11 Beijing:
A day at leisure with the option to take a city tour or visit to the Great Wall at Badaling.
Day 12 Beijing –Departure:
Last chance to visit the city before your departure flight.