07 Dec Discover Oman and Chic Maldives fr. £2,250pp
Oman holidays offer the best of ancient and modern Arabian opulence with so many stunning forts, palaces and traditional market souq to discover as well as first-class facilities, luxurious hotels and cosmopolitan shopping. Explore Oman’s rugged mountain ranges and sweeping golden beaches overlooking the Arabian Sea for an exciting alternative to a traditional beach holiday. Make your Oman holiday a twin-centre break by adding 7 nights in the Maldives and you’ll discover the best of the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean.
Perfect for honeymooners and couples, Oman holidays combined with a stay in the Maldives create a classic mix of adventure, relaxation and amazing beaches that will stay with you forever. This 12-day tour starts in Oman and the ancient capital of Nizwa, travels to the rugged mountains and canyons of Wadi Ghul, includes a sunset dhow cruise of Muscat and completes with 7-nights barefoot chic luxury in the Maldives.
Highlights of the Tour
- Discover the historic forts and stunning palaces of Oman
- Explore the 17th century fort of Nizwa and haggle for silverware in the souq
- Adventure in Oman’s rugged interior and Wadi Ghul, the Grand Canyon of Arabia
- Cruise along Muscat’s spectacular coastline at sunset by dhow
- Relax in barefoot luxury in the Maldives
- Enjoy the panoramic Indian Ocean views of your very own coral island paradise
Price per person sharing a twin / double room including flights @ £2,250
- International return flights
- Accommodation in a 4* hotel on bed and breakfast basis for 5nights
- Transfers throughout
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned above
- Services of an English Speaking Guide during sightseeing
- All applicable taxes
- Accommodation in a 5* resort on bed and breakfast basis for 6nights
- Return airport transfers by speedboat / seaplane
- Lunch and Dinner throughout
- Vehicle whilst at leisure
- Any other excursions or activities not mentioned above
- Lunch and dinner throughout
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
- Any other services not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Tour (12 Days / 10 Nights)
Day 1 Arrival:
A private tour through the Hajar Mountains to the ancient capital of Nizwa (transfer time: approx.1h30m). Visit Nizwa Fort and the traditional souq. Travel through the Arabian Grand Canyon of Wadi Ghul to Jebel Shams “Mountain of the Sun”.
Day 2 Nizwa:
Explore the impressive forts and castles, towers and city walls, which have stood for centuries and maybe haggle for silverware, spices, dates and local crafts in the famous souq. Visit Bahla, famous for its castles and handmade pottery and a UNESCO world heritage site.
Day 3 Muscat:
Morning tour of this unique city, a blend of the ancient & the modern with its cultural centre and modern architecture. Highlights include the Grand Mosque, Al Alam Palace, Bait Al Zubair Museum and to get an authentic flavour of the city, its fish market and Muttrah souq.
Day 4 Sunset Dhow Cruise:
After a day of leisure, take a sunset dhow cruise to showcase the panoramic coast of Muscat. The traditional dhow sails past the world-renowned Al Bustan Palace hotel standing tall among lush green palm groves, the Nalali and Mirani forts and Al Alam Palace.
Day 5 Oman – Maldives:
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your 3 hour flight to the Maldives. Upon arrival transfer to your hotel via speedboat.
Day 6 – 11 Maldives:
Enjoy the barefoot luxury of this Indian Ocean coral paradise. Indulge in spa treatments or try your and at snorkelling and diving in the crystal clear waters.
Day 12 Departure:
After a hearty breakfast transfer to airport for your departure flight.