05 Dec Holiday in Malaysia fr. £2,499pp
Explore this diverse country with our holiday in Malaysia combining stays in Luxury Resorts complete with private transfers and excursions. Discover the cosmopolitan capital city of Kuala Lumpur with visits to the King’s Palace and the staggering Petronas towers.
From here move onto the cool Cameron highlands for a stay amidst tea plantations and strawberry farms. Afterwards visit the eclectic port town of Penang for a true insight into the numerous cultural influences that this vibrant country has experienced. From here, move onto the exquisite Gaya Island for a luxurious 5 night beach stay.
End it all with one night at the romantic Shangri La Tanjung Aru as part of your holiday in Malaysia.
- Discover the old and the new on this half-day tour which is designed to give you the best possible introduction to this bustling city and immerse yourself in the city’s character and charm.
- See the iconic landmarks including King’s Palace, National Museum, National Monument and Independence Square.
- Sit back and take in the contrast sight as we drive past historical architecture and modern skyscrapers in an abundant setting of greenery.
- Round off the trip with a visit to a local handicraft centre with a photo-stop at the magnificent Petronas Twin Towers.
Price per person for this holiday in Malaysia costs from £2,499
- International flights including all taxes
- Accommodation in a double room for 14nights on bed and breakfast basis
- Transportation in a private a/c car with an English Speaking Driver Guide during the tours
- Private transfers
- Boat/ferry transfers
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sites
- All applicable taxes
- Lunch and dinner throughout
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, maid service, porters, hotel room, telephone calls etc
- Any other expenses not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Holiday in Malaysia Itinerary
An overnight flight to Kuala Lumpur
Arrive in Kuala Lumpur, meet & greet by our representative and transfer to hotel.
Breakfast is served at the hotel. Today, depart on a Half Day Kuala Lumpur City & Landmark Tour.
Breakfast is served at the resort. After breakfast, proceed to Cameron Highlands, Today, we will depart from Kuala Lumpur to Cameron Highlands with en-route visit to Batu Caves – a towering limestone outcropping just 13 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur. The caves house numerous Hindu shrines and is a famous landmark in Kuala Lumpur.
It is the shrine of Lord Murugah, a Hindu deity – a flight of 272 steps lead up to the temple cave. Over next stop will be the Iskandar Waterfall and aborigine’s settlements (en-route stop and view the Orang Asli Village from the main stream).
Breakfast is served at the hotel. Depart for Half Day Cameron Highlands Tours.
Breakfast is served at the resort. Today, we will depart to Penang with drive towards to Ipoh with en-route stop will be made at the Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple. Then, continue journey to Kuala Kangsar, brief stop at Ubudiah Mosque and Iskandariah Palace.
Today, we will depart to Half Day Historical Georgetown Tour. Highlights:- Georgetown, named after King George III of England, has one of the largest colonial buildings in South East Asia. First stop, Fort Cornwallis built in 1808 by the British East India Company. It is also marks the spot where Sir Francis Light landed on Penang. Next Chew Jetty or ‘She Chew Kew’ the biggest waterfront settlement or ‘houses on stilts’ created by Chinese immigrant in the mid 19th century. Drive through Street of Harmony, which houses the Anglican Church, Kuan Yin Chinese temple, Mahamariaman Indian temple and the Kapitan Kling mosque. Next The State Museum, built in 1821, houses a fine collection of old photographs, maps, charts and other historical relics. Tour ends with a visit to Wat Chayamangkalaram, a Thai temple which houses a 108ft long Reclining Buddha. Directly opposite is the Dhammikarama Burmese temple which houses a magnificent 8.2-meter high image of Lord Buddha.
Breakfast is served at the hotel. Free at leisure until transfer to Penang International Airport for onwards flights. Arrive at Kota Kinabalu airport and be transferred to Gaya Island Resort via road and ferry. Overnight stay at Gaya Island Resort.
Day 9 – Day 13
Spend 4 blissful nights in this island beach paradise. Staying in a luxurious island at leisure you can relax in your private retreat surrounded by beautiful coral and ocean views, you have chosen a stunning island destination.
After breakfast catch a ferry to Kota Kinabalu where you will be staying for one night at the stunning Shangri La Tanjung Aru.
Before dawn proceed to Kota Kinabalu airport for your flights to London.