06 Dec Holidays to Vietnam: Coast & Cultural Treasure fr. £1,705pp
Take a trip to Vietnam with Barefoot Traveller for a relaxing holiday with a difference. This 9-day holiday to Vietnam promises a fascinating journey with stunning scenery, culture and a little adventure along the way. Starting in the famous southern city of Saigon, explore the city-chic treasure of its historic quarters, its stunning colonial architecture, including Notre-Dame Basilica and Opera House as well as its fascinating Museums. Food stalls line the city’s streets, especially around bustling Ben Thanh Market where you can savour some amazing authentic street food. Discover the beauty of rural Vietnam journeying through the Mekong Delta to Cai Be’s floating villages and a private boat cruise through the canals and waterways to Vinh Long for an adventurous overnight homestay with a local family. Visit the colourful floating markets of Cai Rang before a flight to Vietnam’s treasure island of Phu Quoc with its beautiful beaches to relax in barefoot luxury. This holiday to Vietnam combines the best of Vietnam’s city-life, some stunning countryside with a relaxing beach break, all designed to make your trip to Vietnam one to treasure.
The Tour (8 nights)
Day 1: Departure
Depart from your preferred airport from London
Day 2 – Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City
Also known as Saigon, where you’ll be met and accompanied to your luxury hotel. Rest of day at your leisure.
Day 3 – Saigon
Explore Saigon’s sights including the elegant French colonial quarter, stroll along the river; and after lunch, visit the historic War Remnants Museum
Day 4 – Saigon - Cai Be (transfer time: 2h)
After breakfast, drive through the scenic Mekong Delta to Cai Be and board a private boat cruise of riverside villages, canals and waterways. Overnight stay in Vinh Long where you’ll stay in a traditional, family-run lodge to experience authentic village life.
Day 5 – Ong Giao
After a visit to fragrant Ong Giao Garden with its lush, seasonal fruits, leave Vinh Long for Can Tho, famed for its floating market, traditional craft villages and picturesque canals.
Day 6 – Cai Rang - Phu Quoc (flight journey: approx.1h)
After visiting the colourful floating markets of Cai Rang, depart for your flight to Phu Quoc, the stunning jewel of an island in the Gulf of Thailand. A perfect paradise for a relaxing holiday break, you’ll spend 4 nights in secluded luxury amongst the white-sand beaches and lush jungle scenery.
Day 7-9 – Phu Quoc
Relax at leisure enjoying your paradise island resort, indulging in luxury spa treatments and the beautiful beaches. Or maybe visit the vast national park with its jungle and mountain vistas and spectacular wildlife.
Day 10 – Departure
Relax at leisure and prepare for your departure flight home.
Holidays to Vietnam Highlights:
- Discover the culture and city sights of the South-Vietnam capital, Saigon
- Stunning riverside scenery along the Mekong Delta
- Private boat cruise of canals and waterways of Cai Be
- Explore scenic Vinh Long with an overnight stay in a traditional village
- Relax in barefoot luxury on the treasure island of Phu Quoc
- Beautiful beaches, authentic cuisine & stylish hotels
Price per person sharing a twin / double room form £1,705
- Return international flight in economy class
- Domestic flight tickets from Can Tho / Phu Quoc
- Accommodation for 9 nights at selected hotels on bed and breakfast basis
- Services of an English speaking guide during sightseeing
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Sightseeing fees and permits during guided time
- Visa fees
- International airport departure tax
- Early late check in /out service at hotels
- Tips and gratuities
- Services and meals if not mentioned in itinerary
- All drinks, including water, soft drink and alcohol on all included or optional excursion
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods