04 Dec Cultural China and Maldives Maxi-break: Twin-Centre Adventure fr. £3,275pp
Make the most of your precious time together by combining a cultural holiday to China with a luxurious Maldives beach break creating a twin-centre adventure. Offering you the best of Asia and the Indian Ocean, there is no need to compromise on your favourite destinations. Start your adventure in China in stylish Shanghai followed by a stay off-the-beaten track in the idyllic, ancient water towns of Wuzhen and Hangzhou.
Explore authentic Chinese village-life in UNESCO protected Xidi and really get to see the country climbing Huangshan Mountain, the famous Yellow Mountain. No holidays to China are complete without a trip to Xian to witness the mighty Terracotta Warriors and the historical highlights of Beijing, including Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and a walk on the Great Wall.
Complete your dream holiday with 5-nights in the Maldives, relaxing in barefoot luxury on your coral island paradise.
- Explore cultural China and go off-the-beaten path
- Adventure climb of famous Huangshan Mountain
- Discover the inspirational, ancient water towns of Wuzhen and Hangzhou
- Walk the Great Wall, visit the Terracotta Warriors and Forbidden City
- Discover the glittering cityscapes of Shanghai and Beijing
- Relax in barefoot luxury in your very own coral island paradise
Price per person for this twin centre adventure from £3,275
- Return International flights from London
- Accommodation at a 4* hotel staying in a twin/double room for 11nights
- Domestic flights as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfers mentioned in the itinerary in a private air conditioned vehicles
- All meals mentioned in the itinerary
- All sightseeing and entrance fees mentioned
- English speaking local tour guide
- Accommodation at a 4* resort staying in twin / double room for 5nights on bed and breakfast basis
- Return airport transfers by speedboat / seaplane
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
- Tips and personal expenses
- All costs not mentioned above
- Lunch and Dinner throughout
- Tips and personal expenses
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Tour (15 Nights / 17 Days)
Day 1 Shanghai:
Arrive in Shanghai and transfer to your hotel. Explore the historic colonial quarters and the famous Bund waterfront. Enjoy a fabulous welcome dinner.
Day 2 Shanghai – Wuzhen:
Tour more of the city’s sights including the Shanghai Museum and picturesque Yuyuan Gardens. After lunch, drive to Wuzhen (transfer time: approx.2h), the preserved historic water town.
Day 3 Wuzhen – Hangzhou:
Spend the morning exploring the scenic water town and after lunch drive to Hangzhou (transfer time: approx. 1h30m). Join the locals in a traditional stroll around the West Lake and watch the art of fan dancing.
Day 4 Hangzhou:
Learn about the history and art of tea making with a visit to a tea plantation and enjoy a walk amongst the lush tea terraces and valley. After lunch visit the Guan Kiln Museum in Hangzhou and try your hand at pottery
Day 5 Hangzhou – Huangshan:
A morning drive to Shexian County (transfer time: approx.3h), an area that has inspired painters and poets for centuries. Get a slice of rural China, exploring its unique architecture and beautiful, natural scenery visiting the UNESCO World Heritage site, Xidi.
Day 6 Huangshan Mountain:
Climb one of China’s most famous landmarks, Huangshan Mountain also known as Yellow Mountain. Enjoy a well-deserved lunch at a local restaurant and spend the evening in Tunxi.
Day 7 Huangshan – Xian:
Drive back to Hangzhou (transfer time: approx.3h) and after lunch, catch a flight to Xian, home to the mighty Terracotta Warriors.
Day 8 Xian:
Visit the 2,000 year-old Terracotta Warriors and after lunch, visit one of China’s remaining cave villages. Spend the evening in Xian.
Day 9 Xian – Beijing:
Take a morning walk together on the Ming Dynasty City Wall and visit the Shaanxi Provincial Museum. After lunch, head for the airport for your flight to Beijing. Transfer to your hotel and relax, maybe take an evening city walk.
Day 10 Beijing:
A cultural day of sightseeing including the must-see highlights of Tiananmen Square and the ancient imperial palace, the Forbidden City. After lunch at a local restaurant, explore the traditional heart of the city and its narrow Hutong streets.
Day 11 Beijing:
Drive out to Mutianyu (transfer time: approx.2h) for a walk together on the Great Wall followed by lunch. Return to Beijing to visit the Royal Garden and the tranquil Summer Palace
Day 12 Beijing to Maldives:
Transfer to airport to connect with your 8-hour flight to the Maldives. Upon arrival in the Maldives, spend the rest of the day relaxing in your luxury beach resort.
Day 13 – 16 Maldives:
Enjoy the luxury of your coral island paradise with its pristine white-sand beaches and panoramic ocean views. Options for snorkelling and diving, indulging in spa treatments, relaxing together and dining al-fresco under the stars.
Day 17 Departure:
After a hearty breakfast, transfer to airport for your departure flight.