13 Dec India Adventure Honeymoon & The Maldives: fr. £1,900pp
For an adventure honeymoon that combines a wildlife holiday in India with a luxurious beach break in the Maldives, look no further than this 16-day honeymoon tour courtesy of Barefoot Traveller. Starting in Delhi, you’ll fly to Nagpur, away from the crowds to Pench National Park in central Madhya Pradesh, one of three National Parks in the region. Thought to have inspired Kipling’s Jungle Book, you’ll go in search of tigers and leopards by jeep safari before moving on to Kanha National Park, the largest National Park and Tiger Reserve in Central India. Your wildlife holiday and adventure honeymoon continues with a stay in the region’s third National Park in Bandhavgarh and a safari by elephant. Continue the adventure by exploring Khajuraho’s sacred complex of temples and monuments and unique sculptures, including the famous Kamasutra Temple before a relaxing 6-night stay in the idyllic, coral island paradise of the Maldives.
Highlights of Adventure Honeymoon
- Combine wildlife, culture and barefoot luxury on this adventure honeymoon
- Get close to the wildlife action by jeep safari at Pench and Kanha National Parks
- Take an elephant safari in Bandhavgarh
- Go in search of the famous Bengal Tiger and follow Project Tiger
- Explore the culture of Khajuraho’s sacred temples including the Kamasutra Temple
- Relax in the beautiful coral island setting of the Maldives
Price per person sharing a double room in India and the Maldives from £1,900
- Return international flights from London
- Accommodation throughout in a twin / double room for 9nights in a 4* standard hotel on bed and breakfast basis for 10nights
- Domestic flight from Delhi to Nagpur
Lunch and Dinner at Pench, Kanha and Bandhavgarh
- Cost of safaris at Pench, Kanha and Bandhavgarh
- Transportation throughout the tour in a private a/c vehicle with chauffer (including return airport transfers)
- English speaking guide for sightseeing in each destination
- All Monument entrance fees
- All applicable taxes
- Accommodation in a twin / double room for 6nights at Reethi Beach resort
- With daily breakfast
- Return airport transfers on domestic flight and speed boat
- Lunch and Dinner throughout
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Any other services not mentioned above
- Travel Insurance
- Indian visa fee (@USD60 per person) – please refer http://indiantouristvisa.org.in/ for more information and obtain e-Tourist visa
- Lunch and dinner throughout
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any other services not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Tour (16Days / 15 Nights)
Day 1 Departure:
Depart from London Heathrow
Day 2 Arrival:
Welcomed upon arrival, you’ll transfer to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 3 Delhi – Pench:
After breakfast, you’ll catch your flight to Nagpur and on to your hotel at Pench National Park (transfer time: approx.4h). Relax at leisure and overnight stay at the hotel on full board basis.
Day 4 Pench:
Explore the teak forests and open country of Pench National Park with two jeep safaris in the morning and afternoon. Rich in wildlife and mixed forests, the Park is home to a variety of wildlife including tigers, leopards, wild dogs, Sambar and chital deer and an astounding array of birdlife. Overnight stay at the hotel on full board basis.
Day 5 Pench – Kanha:
After breakfast, drive to Kanha National Park (transfer time: approx.3h), the largest national park and Tiger Reserve in Central India. The park has a significant population of Royal Bengal Tiger, leopards, the sloth bear and Indian wild dog. The lush grassy meadows and bamboo forests and ravines of Kanha provided the inspiration for Rudyard Kipling’s “Jungle Book”. Overnight stay at the hotel on full board basis.
Day 6 Kanha:
Embark on two morning and afternoon jeep safaris into Kanha National Park – the star success story of the conservation effort Project Tiger launched in 1973. Regularly spotted in the Park are the three-striped palm squirrel, jackal, wild pig and black buck, gazelle, hyena and leopards. Overnight stay at the hotel on full board basis.
Day 7 Kanha – Bandhavgarh:
After breakfast, drive to Bandhavgarh National Park (transfer time: approx.4h). The density of the tiger population at Bandhavgarh is one of the highest known in India. The park also has a large breeding population of leopards, and various species of deer. Overnight stay at the hotel on full board basis.
Day 8 Bandhavgarh:
Enjoy a jeep safari in the Tiger Reserve. Also, you can visit majestic Bandhavgarh Fort. Stay overnight at the resort on full board basis.
Day 9 Bandhavgarh – Khajuraho:
After breakfast, drive to Khajuraho (transfer time: approx.6h). Known for the largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples and famous for their erotic sculptures, this UNESCO World Heritage site is considered to be one of the seven wonders” of India. Overnight stay at the hotel on bed and breakfast basis.
Day 10 Khajuraho – Delhi:
After breakfast, a sightseeing tour of Khajuraho’s Eastern & Western Group of temples. Later, fly back to Delhi and check in your hotel. Rest of the day in leisure.
Day 11 Delhi – Male:
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to the Maldives. Upon arrival, transfer to Reethi Beach resort and Spa via domestic flight and speedboat.
Day 12 – 16 Maldives:
Relax together enjoying the stunning beauty of panoramic ocean views of the Indian Ocean and pure white-sands beaches in your Maldives hideaway.
Day 17 – Departure:
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your departure flight.