03 Dec Luxury Vietnam Explorer fr. £1,780pp
Visit Vietnam with Barefoot Traveller for a luxury Vietnam holiday or honeymoon promising a fascinating journey with stunning scenery, culture and a little adventure along the way. Starting in Vietnam’s elegant capital, Hanoi, this 9-day luxury Vietnam holiday visits the charming Old Quarter, historic sights and downtown skyline. Discover authentic Vietnam with a cruise along the Boi River and amazing overnight boat-ride on a luxury styled junk in breath-taking Halong Bay, taking in the lush paddy fields and limestone peaks. Explore the ancient villages of Mai Chau including an overnight stay at a luxury hotel lodge before an overnight train ride to Danang and charming Hoi An. Discover the architectural beauty of elegant Hoi An with a city tour and chance to relax in style. This luxury Vietnam holiday combines the best of Vietnam’s city-life and stunning countryside with chance to savour some amazing food, luxury hotels and stunning scenery along the way.
The Tour (8 nights)
Day 1 - Arrival
Arrive in Hanoi, where you’ll be met and accompanied to your luxury hotel, Silk Path hotel. Rest of day at Luxury Vietnam your leisure.
Day 2 – Hanoi
Explore the capital’s sights including the elegant French colonial quarter; and after lunch, take a cyclo tour of the bustling ancient streets. Later, relax over coffee at Hoan Kien lake. Visits include the impressive Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Tenple of Literature and Imperial Citadel.
Day 3 – Hanoi – Mai Chau Lodge (transfer time: approx.4h)
After breakfast, head for the Mai Chau region, home to the ancient Thai communities of villages including Pom Coong and Lac. You’ll be staying at a luxury lodge in Mai Chau and after lunch, sample village life amongst the paddy fields, visit Mo Luang cave and enjoy an evening of traditional cultural entertainment.
Day 4 – Mai Chau – Tam Coc (transfer time: approx.3h45m)
After a drive to Tam Coc, join a 2 hour boat ride along scenic Boi River where the limestone peaks contrast with scenic paddy fields.
Day 5 – Ninh Binh – Halong Bay (transfer time: approx.1h45m)
From Ninh Binh join your luxury styled junk for an overnight cruise in magnificent Halong Bay, UNESCO World Heritage site with its dramatic limestone peaks. After lunch on board, drift along by sampan for a riverside trip to discover villages or maybe try kayaking. Rejoin your luxury hotel on the water for a sunset drink and dinner.
Day 6 – Halong – Hanoi – train to Danang
Start the day with some energising tai chi on board and after breakfast explore Me Cung Caves. After lunch, head back to pier and your onward journey to Hanoi. Join the overnight train to Danang staying on board in a luxury cabin.
Day 7 – Danang - Hoi An (transfer time: approx.45m)
After arrival in Danang, transfer to Hoi An and your luxury hotel, the Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort and spa. Check in and relax in style. Later, take a city tour of Hoi An’s graceful boulevards and streets, taking in the sights of the Chua Ong Pagoda, world-famous Covered Japanese Bridge and wonderfully preserved cultural Tam Ky House.
Day 8 – Hoi An
Relax at leisure enjoying your luxury hotel facilities or explore more of Hoi An.
Day 9 – Hoi An
Relax at leisure and prepare for your departure flight home.
Luxury Vietnam Explorer Highlights:
- Discover the culture and city sights of the capital, Hanoi and Hoi An
- Stunning scenery from a luxury traditional junk in spectacular Halong Bay
- Take a sampan ride to discover riverside villages or try kayaking
- Cruise the scenic Boi River and visit the traditional Mai Chau villages
- Panoramic views and sacred temples of Hoi An
- Sample authentic village life, amazing street food and stylish hotels
Price per person sharing a double room from £ 1,780
- Return international flights in economy class
- Accommodation at selected hotels on bed and breakfast basis for 8nights
- Domestic flights from Hanoi to Danang
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking guide during sightseeing
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air-conditioned vehicle
- All entrance fees
- Visa fees
- Early late check in/out service at hotels
- Tips and gratuities
- Services and meals if not mentioned in itinerary
- All drinks, including water, soft drink and alcohol on all included or optional excursion
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods