04 Dec Myanmar Holidays; Experience the adventure fr. £2,445pp
Myanmar holidays open up a world of adventure and culture and this magical 11-day tour starts with the city sights of Yangon, followed by a stay in the scenic hill country of Pyin Oo Lwin and a breathtaking train-ride over Gokteik Bridge to Mandalay. Experience an authentic Myanmar holiday with leisurely boat rides along the Ayeyarwady River to historic Mingun and to Bagan. Along the way, soak up the charm of Pindaya with its magnificent caves and the many picturesque riverside villages. Explore Myanmar’s stunning temple landscape and local markets by bicycle for a real flavour of the countryside. An internal flight to Heho leads to the Shan plateau and the shores of Inle Lake via the Red Mountain vineyard. This Myanmar holiday is a perfect introduction to the heart of Myanmar with chance to explore its largest city, sacred sights and the breathtaking beauty of its rural landscape.
Myanmar Holiday Highlights:
- Discover the city sights and history of Yangon, the former capital Myanmaar holidays
- Cruise the scenic Ayeyarwady River with its floating villages and markets
- Visit magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon’s spiritual centerpiece
- Take a trishaw tour of the former capital, exploring Little India & Chinatown
- Explore riverside villages & markets along Inle Lake, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Relax in the scenic hill country of Pyin Oo Lwin with its colonial architecture
- 3/4* Hotel Option: Price per person sharing a double/ twin room from £2,445
- 4/5* Hotel Option: Price per person sharing a double/ twin room from £2,750
- International return flights from UK
- Domestic flights as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation on bed and breakfast basis as specified in the itinerary
- Tours and transfers as specified in air conditioned vehicles throughout
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Ferry boat from Pakokku – Bagan
- Services of an English speaking guide during sightseeing
- 2 bottles of water & 2 refreshing towels per passenger per day
- Lunch and dinner throughout
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Drinks during meals, hotel extras and expenses of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Tour (10 Nights)
Day 1: Departure
Depart from your preferred airport from London.
Day 2: Yangon
Transfer on arrival to your hotel in the former capital, once known as Rangoon. Get acquainted with the city and take a tri-shaw ride through Little India and Chinatown. Overnight stay in Yangon.
Day 3: Mandalay – Pyin Oo Lwin
An early internal flight to Mandalay (flight journey: approx.1h) and a scenic drive to the former colonial hill station of Pyin Oo Lwin (transfer time: approx.1h30m). The highlight has to be the beautiful botanical gardens and a horse-drawn carriage ride through the colonial town’s streets.
Day 4: Pyin Oo Lwin – Mandalay
An exhilarating 2.5hr train ride back to Mandalay, passing villages and railway bazaars and a stunning journey across the world-famous Gokteik Aqueduct Bridge. Overnight stay in Mandalay.
Day 5: Mingun
Take a morning walk up Mandalay Hill for stunning panoramic views of the city. Explore some of the sacred sites such as Shwenandaw Monastery before a private boat-ride meandering along the Ayeyarwady River to historic Mingun. Discover the majesty of Hsinbyume Pagoda and the Mingun Bell. Overnight stay in Mandalay.
Day 6: Monywa
Depart for Monywa visiting Thanboddhay Pagoda temple along the way (transfer time: approx.3h). After crossing the Shindwin River, an open-top jeep continues the journey to sacred caves at Po Win Taung. 947 sandstone caves are set in the hillside with stunning murals and statues. Overnight stay in Monywa.
Day 7: Bagan
After breakfast, a boat-ride along the river takes in the local villages of Ah Nyeint and Ah Myint, giving chance to sample river-life as well as the thriving river market at Pakokku. After lunch, a relaxing 2-hour boat-ride to Bagan, a UNESCO World Heritage site with its temple landscape. Overnight stay in Bagan.
Day 8: Bagan
Explore the beauty of ancient Bagan’s temples and pagodas. Why not take a bicycle tour around the local villages and along the riverside paths and visit local craftsmen at work in Myinkaba. After lunch, tour the Nanbaya Temples and Jade Stupa, with a break for tea at a local monastery and catch the evening sunset. Overnight stay in Bagan.
Day 9: Inle Lake
An internal flight to Heho and transfer to the Shan hills where you can take a bike ride through the beautiful scenery of the Red Mountain Estate winery. After lunch, a private motorboat heads out onto spectacular Inle Lake, passing villages on stilts and riverside life. There’s a visit to Nga Hpe Chaung Monastery before returning by boat to your hotel overlooking Inle Lake.
Day 10: Inle Lake
After breakfast, visit the morning market for a slice of local life before a meander down the canal to the village of Indein on the western shore of Inle Lake. Take a walk amongst stupa ruins and on the boat-ride back, stop off to visit stunningly decorated Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda. Overnight stay at Inle Lake.
Day 11: Yangon
After breakfast, an internal flight back to Yangon (flight journey: approx.1h). Visit Kalaywa Tawya Monastery and after lunch, head to vibrant Bogyoke Market with its colourful sights and sounds. A tour of magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda, of huge religious and cultural significance to Myanmar is a city highlight. Relax for the rest of the day at your hotel. Overnight stay in Yangon.
Day 12: Yangon
A morning of leisure at your hotel before your departure flight home.