02 Dec Single Traveller 15 Days / 13 Nights Sri Lanka Itinerary fr. £1,895
As a single traveller enjoy the splendid island of Sri Lanka encompassing culture, adventure, wildlife and stunning beaches making it the ideal destination to discover as a single traveller. With this 11 night itinerary experiencing Sri Lanka as a single traveller journey through this paradise Isle with your own dedicated chauffeur guide and private transportation as you explore the history of this island coupled with its hospitable culture, glorious shorelines and fascinating wildlife as a single traveller.
This single traveller itinerary comes complete with direct flights from London Heathrow, a luxurious stay in single room throughout, private transfers with a dedicated chauffeur guide, all entrance fees to the mentioned sites and breakfast and dinner.
Highlights of the Single Traveller Sri Lanka Itinerary
- Discover stunning Sri Lanka including 6 of its UNESCO World Heritage sites including Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Witness the thrill of a safari in Minneriya National Park home to elephants, wild buffalo & crocodiles
- 5 night beach break in the lively beach town of Negombo
- Private transfers and a dedicated chauffeur guide throughout your time in Sri Lanka as a single traveller
Price for one person staying in a single room from £1,895
- International flights including all taxes with Sri Lankan Airlines
- Private transfers by air-conditioned vehicle with your personal chauffeur/guide
- Accommodation in 4* hotels as described on half board basis in a single room for 11nights
- Vehicle for the safari at National Parks
- All entrance fees
- All applicable taxes
- Lunch throughout
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera/video permits at the Elephant Orphanage and Kandy Temple
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, wait-staff, maid service, porters, telephone calls and items of a personal nature.
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Visa fee (@USD35 per person) – please refer http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ for more information and to obtain the ETA visa
- Any other expenses not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Single Traveller Tour (13 Days)
Depart from London Heathrow for an overnight direct flight to Colombo.
Day 2 Colombo:
Arrive at Colombo airport where you will be picked up and driven to Galle Face Hotel (transfer time: approx.1h), staying in a superior room which makes for the perfect start to your holiday in Sri Lanka. Dinner and overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 3 Colombo - Kandy:
After an early breakfast head to Kandy via the Pinnawala elephant orphanage (transfer time: approx. 3h30m) which is home to over 90 orphaned and injured Pinnawala-Elephant elephants. Here take part in a bottle feeding and watch these gentle giants indulge in their two hour bath in the local river whilst you have your lunch al fresco next to these majestic mammals. Arrive in Kandy and stay at Earl’s Regency (4*) on half board basis. Rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Optional: If you are travelling during the month of August, it is well worth spending two nights in Kandy for an unforgettable spectacle of culture as the city of Kandy comes alive during the Esala Perahera which is the world’s oldest, religious and cultural pageant. Be sure to book your front row seat during one of the ten street processions that takes place in the Kandy city starting from the Temple of the Tooth. festivities come complete with fire dancers, over 100 mighty elephants and of course the famed replica of the tooth relic of Lord Buddha around which this procession is based. (Prices for this experience start from GBP 50 per person)
Day 4 Kandy:
After breakfast, visit one of the most sacred Buddhist shrines in the world – the temple, which houses the Sacred Tooth Relic of the Buddha and also take a City tour in Kandy. Rest of the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 Kandy - Habarana
Breakfast at the hotel and leave afterwards to Habarana (transfer time: 2h30m) and Check in at Habarana by Village staying in a superior room on half board basis. Late in the afternoon take a safari trip with your guide to nearby Minneriya National Park (transfer time: approx.20m), home to wild elephants, water buffalo, mongoose and monkeys. The Park is also an important site for bird-watching and butterflies and is a great opportunity to witness wild elephants in their natural habitat. Return to Fresco Water villa for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 6 Sigiriya & Polonnaruwa:
A day of culture as you explore the stunning Rock Fortress at Sigiriya and the ruins of Kasyapa’s Palace, an UNESCO world heritage site dating back to the 5th century. Go on to tour the ancient and sacred capital of Polonnaruwa visiting key sites including the rock inscriptions of Nissankamalla. Return to your hotel to enjoy the facilities with dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 7 Habarana - Negombo
After late breakfast, drive to Negombo (transfer time: approx. 4h) for your 5day beach stay. Check in at Heritance Negombo staying in a deluxe room on half board basis. Rest of the evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Days 8 - 12 Negombo:
Days at leisure staying in a superior room on half board basis.
After breakfast, depart to the airport (transfer time: approx. 30m) for your return flight to London Heathrow.