13 Dec Tour of Sri Lanka and Maldives fr. £1,495pp
Explore the vibrant culture and beaches of Sri Lanka and Maldives with our affordable 5* half board itinerary which combines the highlights of Sri Lanka including the stays at plush hotels and insightful excursions across Sri Lanka.
In the Maldives, the recommended resort is Reethi Beach Resort 4* staying in a Reethi Villa on bed and breakfast basis. The resort is located 35mins away from Male’ Airport island (20mins by domestic flight and 15mins by speedboat), and also offer various activities such as diving, water sports, a spa etc.
Undoubtedly, this Twin-Centre Honeymoon package combines a perfect mix of history, culture and beach relaxation which makes this an active but enjoyable holiday that’s hard to beat.
Price per person sharing a double / twin room from £1,495
- International flights including all taxes with Sri Lankan Airlines
- Accommodation in 4 & 5* hotels staying in a twin / double room on half board basis for 4nights
- Private transfer by air conditioned car with your personal chauffeur/ guide
- All entrance fees as indicated
- All applicable taxes
- Accommodation for 7 nights in a Reethi villa on bed and breakfast basis
- Return seaplane transfers
- Lunch throughout
- Any beverages
- Camera/video permits at the Elephant Orphanage and Kandy Temple
- Any personal expenses
- Visa fee (@USD35 per person) – please refer http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ for more information and to obtain the ETA visa
- Any other expenses not mentioned above
- Lunch and Dinner throughout your stay
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
- Any other services not mentioned above
The Sri Lanka and Maldives Itinerary
Day 1 London:
Depart from London Heathrow on your overnight flight to Colombo
Day 2 Colombo - Kandy:
Arrive at Colombo airport where you will be met by your chauffeur guide who will take you to Kandy on route visiting the Pinnawala elephant orphanage ( transfer time: approx. 3h). Afterwards arrive in Kandy and check into the Cinnamon Citadel for a two night stay. Early in the evening head to one of the most revered Buddhist temples in the world- The Temple of the Tooth which houses the tooth relic of the Buddha. Dinner and overnight stay at Cinnamon Citadel.
Day 3 Kandy:
After breakfast visit the Royal Botanical gardens and explore the local market. In the evening witness a cultural show. Dinner and overnight stay at Cinnamon Citadel.
Day 4 Kandy - Nuwara Eliya:
After breakfast head to the lush tea plantations and on route visit a tea plantation and factory (transfer time: approx.3h). Arrive in Nuwara Eliya and check into the aptly named Heritance Tea Factory. Spend the rest of the day at leisure amidst the stunning scenery. Dinner and overnight stay at the Heritance Tea Factory.
Day 5 Negombo:
After breakfast head to the beach resort town of Negombo for your last night in Sri Lanka (transfer time: approx.5h). Whilst here you may wish to engage in some last minute shopping or simply relax by the beach which is the perfect prelude to your beach stay in the Maldives.
Day 6 Maldives:
After breakfast head to the airport (transfer time:approx.30m) for your flight to the Male. Arrive in Male and a seaplane will take you to the stunning Reethi Beach resort for a 7 night stay in an exquisite reethi beach villa.
Day 7 – 12 Maldives:
Spend the next six days at leisure in your reethi villa surrounded by the calm Indian Ocean, rich marine life and a divine beach to spend your days in the sun.
Day 13 Departure:
After an early breakfast proceed to Male airport for your flights back to London