14 Dec Honeymoon in Sri Lanka and Maldives: The Honeymoon Paradise fr. £3,250pp
Holidays to Sri Lanka and the Maldives, are a perfect choice for couples and honeymooners in search of tranquillity and a serene island retreat. With its endless beaches, laid-back tropical charm and stunning natural beauty, a honeymoon in Sri Lanka and the Maldives are perfect for a sumptuous, relaxing and rejuvenating holiday.
To offer the perfect honeymoon paradise combining the barefoot luxury of the Maldives with the culture and stunning scenery of Sri Lanka, Barefoot Traveller’s 16 day holiday has been designed by our specialists to ensure your honeymoon is truly memorable. It can also be customised to create an individual holiday, unique to you. Contact our travel team to discuss the details of your perfect honeymoon.
Highlights of Honeymoon in Sri Lanka and Maldives
- Discover stunning Sri Lanka including 6 of its UNESCO World Heritage sites covering the Sigiriya Rock Fortress and the Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Relax in the scenic, lush highlands staying at a former tea plantation
- Wildlife safari in Yala National Park which is home to elephants, wild buffalo & crocodiles
- 6 nights luxury Bodu Hithi island, Maldives
- Stylish Island villa with private garden, pool and beachfront terrace
- Stunning 360° ocean views & coral paradise, on site spa, snorkelling & dive school
- Choice of 7 restaurants and bars
Price per person for this twin-centre honeymoon costs from £3,250
- International flights including all taxes with Sri Lankan Airlines
- Accommodation in 4 & 5* hotels as described on half board basis for 8nights
- Private transfer by air conditioned car with your personal chauffeur/ guide
- Vehicle for safari at Yala National park
- All entrance fees as indicated
- All applicable taxes
- Accommodation at Coco Bodu Hithi for 6nights on bed and breakfast basis
- Return airport transfer by speedboat
- 3 course candle-lit complimentary romantic dinner cause of your stay in the Maldives
- Honeymoon courtesies:
+ Welcome cocktail on arrival
+ A tropical fruit Platter
+ A bottle of sparkling wine
+ Special bed decoration
+ 10% discount on all spa treatments
+ Coco gift
- Lunch throughout
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera/video permits at the Elephant Orphanage and Kandy Temple
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, wait-staff, maid service, porters, telephone calls and items of a personal nature.
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Visa fee (@USD35 per person) – please refer http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ for more information and to obtain the ETA visa
- Any other expenses not mentioned above
- Lunch and Dinner throughout your stay
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
Any other services not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Honeymoon (16 Days)
Depart from London Heathrow. Direct flight to Colombo airport.
Day 2 Colombo:
Upon arrival at Colombo airport you will be met by your personal chauffeur and guide and taken to Cinnamon Lakeside hotel (transfer time: approx.1h), staying in a Superior city view room on half board basis. Spend your day at leisure relaxing by salt water pool and mesmerising background music. Dinner and overnight stay at this romantic hotel.
Day 3 Colombo - Kandalama:
In the company of your guide, you head to Kandalama, visiting an Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawala en route ( transfer time: approx. 4h30m). Staying in luxury at Heritance Kandalama (5*) in a superior room on half board basis, your hotel is in the heart of the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka, close to 5 stunning an UNESCO world heritage sites. Spend the rest of the day relaxing, watching the wildlife from your private balcony or take an elephant back safari in the plains surrounding the hotel.
Day 4 Sigiriya & Polonnaruwa:
A day of culture as you explore the sacred and ancient capital of Polonnaruwa and the stunning rock fortress at Sigiriya, an UNESCO world heritage site dating back to the 5th century. Return to your hotel to enjoy the excellent facilities which include a choice of three swimming pools and an on site spa.
Day 5 Kandalama - Kandy:
Today you head to Kandy, visiting the amazing Dambulla caves (1st Century B.C.) en route (transfer time: approx. 2h30m). At Kandy, you will stay at the elegant Cinnamon Citadel (5*) with beautiful views overlooking the river, in a double SUPERIOR ROOM on half board basis. In the evening, visit one of the most sacred Buddhist shrines in the world – the temple which houses the Sacred Tooth Relic of the Buddha.
Optional: If you are travelling during the month of August, it is well worth spending two nights in Kandy for an unforgettable spectacle of culture as the city of Kandy comes alive during the Esala Perahera which is the world’s oldest, religious and cultural pageant. Be sure to book your front row seat during one of the ten street processions that takes place in the Kandy city starting from the Temple of the Tooth. festivities come complete with fire dancers, over 100 mighty elephants and of course the famed replica of the tooth relic of Lord Buddha around which this procession is based. (Prices for this experience start from GBP 50 per person)
Day 6 Kandy - Nuwara Eliya:
Taking a seat in the panoramic observation deck, travel by train from Kandy through the beautiful hill country of the tea plantations to Nuwara Eliya (train journey: approx.2h30m). Staying at the region’s grand and imposing Heritance Tea Factory (4*) in a Superior room on half board basis, you can relax amidst the stunning scenery.
Day 7 Nuwara Eliya:
For some adventure, we can arrange an early morning trek in search of the waterfalls at the UNESCO site of Horton Plains and World’s End. Later, relax at the Hotel Spa or maybe take a trip where you pick and blend your own tea leaves before returning for dinner.
Day 8 Nuwara Eliya - Yala:
On the edge of Yala National Park (transfer time: approx.5h), you’ll be staying in a luxurious Deluxe room with a four poster bed at Jetwing Yala (4*) on half board basis. Set in a stunning location the hotel is perfectly placed for safari and the park is famous for its large herds of wild elephants, deer, crocodiles, wild buffalo and peacocks.
Day 9 Galle:
After an early morning safari, depart to Galle (transfer time: approx.4h). On route visit the Galle fort which is an UNESCO world heritage site. Walk across the ramparts of this colonial stronghold and discover the cobble stone streets and afterwards a short drive will take you to the Geoffrey Bawa designed Jetwing Lighthouse Hotel, which is the perfect start to your beach holiday. Spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing at the hotel pool or take advantage of the scenery before dinner.
Day 10 Maldives:
Leave for Colombo airport (transfer time: 2h30m) and your direct flight (1hr30) to the Maldives. From Malé airport a speedboat takes you to Bodu Hithi Island. Voted a Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Winner 2013 for luxury, Coco Bodu Hithi’s reputation for providing excellent facilities and service with an emphasis on sustainability helps you enjoy this beautiful coral paradise with a clear conscience.
Day 11 - 15 Coco Bodu Hithi:
Staying in an Island Villa on bed & breakfast basis you can relax in your private retreat with your own beachfront terrace, private garden and swimming pool. Noted for its attention to detail and impeccable service, at Coco Bodu Hithi you have a choice of 7 restaurants and bars and a range of watersport activities. A spa is on site and surrounded by beautiful coral and 360° ocean views; you have chosen a stunning island destination.
Day 16: Departure
Depart by speedboat to Male Island to board your return flight to London Heathrow.