07 Jun China Cityscapes – Couples holidays to China
Very own couples holidays to China
This couples holiday to China really is a tale of two cities, taking in the stunning cityscapes of historic Beijing and glittering Shanghai. Starting in Beijing, this 8-day tour includes all the best of holidays in China, with chance to explore the wonders of the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Temple of Heaven.
Witness the rugged beauty and sheer scale of the magnificent Great Wall, sacred Ming Tombs and for an authentic experience, visit historic city streets with some great food stops along the way. Holidays to China contrast the ancient and modern, and you’ll arrive in stylish Shanghai by high-speed bullet train. City highlights include the stunning Jade Buddha Temple, elegant Yu Gardens and famous Bund waterfront.
Vibrant Shanghai with its first-class shopping and restaurants is yours to discover. Finally, for a change of pace, visit the scenic, water towns of Luzhi and Suzhou to complete your cityscapes tour.
Highlights of holidays to China
- Discover the best of ancient Beijing and cosmopolitan Shanghai
- Explore Beijing’s treasure trove of historical sites including the Forbidden City
- Stand atop the mighty Great Wall of China
- Take a bullet-train to Shanghai & discover chic city-life
- Visit the historic water towns of Luzhi & Suzhou
- Catch an exciting performance of world-famous acrobatics
Ref. No.: BFTFAM2020
- Price per person sharing double / twin on 5* accommodation from £1,875
- Price per person sharing double / twin on 4* accommodation from £1,635
- Accommodation for 7nights in the preferred hotel standards
- High-speed train
- Private transfers mentioned in air-conditioned vehicles
- All meals mentioned
- All sightseeing and entrance fees mentioned
- Services of a local English speaking tour guide during sightseeing
- International flights from London
- Tips and personal expenses
- All costs not mentioned above
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
The Tour (9 Days / 7 Nights)
Day 1 Departure:
Departure from your preferred airport.
Day 2 Beijing:
Arrive in Beijing and transfer to your hotel. After lunch at a local restaurant, take a leisurely afternoon tour of the picturesque Summer Palace.
Day 3 Beijing:
After breakfast, a city tour of Beijing includes the key sights of Tiananmen Square and the imperial Forbidden City. After lunch, tour the Temple of Heaven and later, the Beijing Opera.
Day 4 Beijing:
Day at Leisure
Day 5 Beijing:
A morning of leisure at your hotel before an afternoon trip, including lunch to the impressive Eastern Qing Tombs from the royal Qing dynasty with their intricate marble carvings and underground caverns.
Day 6 Beijing – Shanghai (train journey: approx. 5h):
After breakfast, take the high-speed bullet train to Shanghai. Transfer to your hotel and have chance to acclimatise to this stunning city.
Day 7 Shanghai:
After breakfast, a city tour includes highlights such as the elegant Yu Gardens and old city centre. Visit the beautiful Jade Buddha Temple and take in the world-famous harbour and explore the Nanjing Road districts.
Day 8 Shanghai:
After a leisurely start to the morning, head for a tour of the charming river towns of Luzhi & Suzhou with their network of canals and pristine gardens. After lunch, there’s chance to discover some local arts and crafts including a nearby silk factory. In the evening, take your seat for an exciting acrobatic show. A fitting finale to your holiday to China.
Day 9 Shanghai:
After breakfast, relax at your hotel or take the chance for some last-minute shopping before your departure flight.