07 Dec Maharajas’ Express – India’s Hearty Heritage
Maharajas’ Express – India’s Hearty Heritage
(Mumbai – Ajanta – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi)
A journey aboard Maharajas’ Express to explore the history and splendour of ancient India.
Travel like Royalty aboard the Maharaja Express to experience a 7 star ‘World Leading Luxury’ steam train excursion whilst also exploring the historical splendour and Indian culture on this Hearty Heritage rail tour. Commencing your train tour package in the bustling commercial city of Mumbai, you will visit 7 more cities on route before arriving in the capital city Delhi 8 days later. Highlights will include visits to the stunning cave paintings in Ajanta, the beautiful City Palace in Udaipur as well as the majestic Mehrangarh fort at Jodhpur. In Bikaner you’ll have time for fun in the desert with a camel-cart procession and folk performance before heading to Jaipur for an exhibition elephant polo match and a visit to the impregnable Amber Fort. A game drive through the National Park of Ranthambore will give you the opportunity to glimpse the elusive tigers at close range and in Agra you’ll visit the iconic monument of love, the sensational Taj Mahal.
This Indian railway tour package is available between October and April and makes a perfect honeymoon package for those wishing to combine history and wildlife with sublime luxury.
Highlights of the Tour
- Welcome Ceremony
- UNESCO World Heritage Ajanta Cave Monuments
- City Palace and Crystal Gallery in Udaipur
- Lunch at Fatehprakash Palace
- Old Clock Tower and Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur
- Deshnok Temples, Lalgarh Palace Museun and Junagarh Fort in Bikaner
- Camel Cart sand dune excursion
- Cultural performances by the Kalbeliya and Langa artists
- Elephant Painting and elephant polo match
- Amber Fort in Jaipur
- Jeep Safari to spot the tigers at Ranthambore National Park
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites at Fatehpur Sikri
- The magnificent Taj Mahal at Arga
Ref. No.: BFTIND2090
Price per person for India’s Hearty Heritage including flights starting from GBP 6,850
Season : October – April
– All prices are subject to availability
- Buy one place and get a second half price
- The booking of the first adult based on twin sharing is at full cost and the second adult sharing the
same cabin will receive a 50% discount.
- For departure on 6 th Apr 2019;
- Price for 1st adult including flights starting from GBP 6,850
- 50% off for 2nd adult including flights price starting from GBP 3,425
– Offer valid for booking confirmed on or before 31 Jan 2019 and is subject to availability of cabins.
– International flights including all taxes with Air India
– Accommodation in a Deluxe Cabin on full board basis for 7 nights
– Monument entrance fees
– All applicable taxes
– Indian visa fee (@USD60 per person) – please refer http://indiantouristvisa.org.in/ for more
information and obtain e-Tourist visa
– Travel Insurance
– Any other expenses not mentioned above
The Tour (8 Days / 7 Nights)
Day 01 / Saturday: Board the Train at Mumbai onto Ajanta (Embark- 1640 hrs)
Board the Train at Mumbai onto Ajanta – After traditional welcome, complete your registration formalities and proceed to board the train. A delicious dinner on board.
Day 02 / Sunday: Ajanta Caves
Ajanta Caves – Visit the world heritage site of Ajanta Marvel the rock cut caves dating back to 2nd Century B.C. with their exquisite frescoes and sculptures.
Day 03 / Monday: Udaipur
Udaipur – Admire the magnificent landscape as you arrive into Udaipur. Visit the City palace and Crystal Gallery. Experience traditional hospitality over lunch at an exclusive venue and later enjoy an optional walking tour through the colourful and vibrant Old Market, visit the Vintage car collection of the royal family or enjoy an enthralling Sound and Light show in the Palace.
Day 04 / Tuesday: Jodhpur
Jodhpur – A ride through stunning countryside brings you to Jodhpur. Enjoy a walking tour of the Old Clock Tower Market and continue to the majestic Mehrangarh Fort. Later, savour dinner at an exclusive venue. Enjoy visit to a local village as an optional extra activity.
Day 05 / Wednesday: Bikaner
Bikaner – Arrive at the desert kingdom of Bikaner. Chose from several excursion including a visit to Deshnok (Rat Temple), the Lalgarh Palace Museum, a Camel breeding Farm or shop for Kundan Jewellery. In the afternoon visit the unassailable fortress of Junagarh. Participate in a camel-cart procession followed by sundowner cocktails, a delicious barbecue and enchanting folk performance on the sand dunes.
Day 06 / Thursday: Jaipur
Jaipur – The ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur welcomes you with an exhibition elephant polo match and champagne lunch at an exclusive venue. Thereafter, proceed for visit to the impregnable Amber Fort followed by free time for optional activities such as shopping, Spa, Golfing or a visit to the City Palace.
Day 07 / Friday: Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore) – Fatehpur Sikri
Ranthambore – Fatehpur Sikri – Embark on an exciting game drive into the Ranthambore National Park. Continue the journey to see the fascinating royal court complex of Fatehpur Sikri.
Day 08 / Saturday: Agra – Delhi (Disembark- 1500 hrs)
Agra – Disembark in Agra – Proceed for an early morning visit to the exquisite Taj Mahal followed by champagne breakfast. Continue to Delhi as your India tour journey come to an end.