12 Dec Maharajas’ Express – Sensational India
Maharajas’ Express – Sensational India
(Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Balasinor – Mumbai)
A magnificent journey experiencing India’s finest
All aboard the Maharajas’ Express at Delhi for 8 days of idyllic travel on this 7 star ‘World Leading Luxury’ steam train excursion whilst also exploring a unique mix of Indian culture, fascinating history and exotic wildlife. Each day will bring a new adventure starting with a visit to the world’s monumental icon of love the Taj Mahal in Agra. On a game drive in Ranthambore National Park you might spot the elusive tigers in the vivid greens and in Jaipur you’ll enjoy the magnificent Amber Fort and vibrant bazars. Expect some fun in the sand with a camel-cart procession and folk performance in Bikaner followed by a leisurely day and exclusive dinner in Jodhpur. Udaipur will be a royal day with a visit to the City Palace, as will the lunch meeting with the Royal Family after your visit to the Dinosaur Fossil Park in Balasinor. Sadly, your Indian Railway Tour package will have come to an end when you reach Mumbai but you are guaranteed many magical memories to take away with you. This Maharajas’ Express train tour package is available between October
and April and is a perfect honeymoon package for those wishing to explore the splendours of sensational India.
Highlights of Maherajas’ Express
- Grand traditional Welcome Ceremony
- The magnificent Taj Mahal with a champagne breakfast
- Optional tour to Fatehpur Sikri or Itmad-ud-daulah
- The sensational Agra Fort
- Jeep Safari to spot the tigers at Ranthambore National Park
- Amber Fort at Jaipur
- Elephant Painting and elephant polo match
- Choice of Deshnok Temple, Lalgrh Palace Museum or Camel breeding farm in Bikaner
- Stunning Fortress of Junagarh
- Camel-Cart sand dune excursion with cocktails, barbecue and folk performances
- Old Clock Tower Market and Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur
- City Palace and Crystal Gallery at Udaipur
- Dinosaur Fossil Park at Balasinor
- A royal lunch with the Royal Family of Balasinor
Ref. No.: BFTIND2093
Price per person for gems of India route including flights starting from GBP 6,090
Season : October – April
– All prices are subject to availability
Buy one place and get a second half price
- The booking of the first adult based on twin sharing is at full cost and the second adult sharing the same cabin will receive a 50% discount.
For departure on 30th Mar 2019;
- Price for 1st adult including flights starting from GBP 6,090
- 50% off for 2nd adult including flights price starting from GBP 3,045
– Offer valid for booking confirmed on or before 31 Jan 2019 and is subject to availability of cabins.
- International flights including all taxes with Air India
- Accommodation in a Deluxe Cabin on full board basis for 7 nights
- Monument entrance fees
- All applicable taxes
The Tour (8 Days / 7 Nights)
Day 01 / Saturday: Board the Maharajas' Express in Delhi
Check-in at Delhi and enjoy a grand traditional welcome before boarding the luxury train. A delicious dinner will be served on board.
Day 02 / Sunday: Agra
Arrive into the ‘City of Mughal Splendour’ Agra to visit the exquisite Taj Mahal. Enjoy champagne breakfast overlooking the Taj followed by free time for shopping and an optional tour to Fatehpur Sikri or Itmad-ud-daulah. After lunch visit Agra Fort. Savour our in-house culinary delights at lunch before visiting the Agra Fort. Dinner will be served on board.
Day 03 / Monday: Ranathambore-Jaipur
Embark on an exciting game drive into the Ranthambore National Park to search for the elusive tigers. Enjoy lunch on board as you enter into the Pink City- Jaipur. Visit the Amber Fort followed by an enthralling exhibition elephant polo match with a champagne dinner. You may want to shop for fine jewellery & textiles before the exciting match.
Day 04 / Tuesday: Bikaner
Arrive at the desert kingdom of Bikaner. Take an optional excursion to Deshnok (Rat Temple) or visit Lalgrh Palace Museum of Camel breeding Farm. In the afternoon enjoy the unassailable fortress of Junagarh. Participate in a camel-cart procession followed by sundowner cocktails, barbecue and folk performance on the sand dunes.
Day 05 / Wednesday: Jodhpur
Enjoy a relaxed breakfast as you arrive into Jodhpur. Visit a local village as an optional activity or relax on-board. A walking tour of the Old Clock Tower Market is highly recommended and then continue to the majestic Mehrangarh Fort. Later, savour dinner at an exclusive venue.
Day 06 / Thursday: Udaipur
Admire the splendid landscape as you enjoy breakfast on board whilst arriving into the City of Lakes, Udaipur. Visit the City Palace and Crystal Gallery. Experience the hospitality over a royal lunch. Proceed for an optional ‘Walking Tour’ through the Old Market or visit the Vintage Car Collection of the Royal Family amongst other activities.
Day 07 / Friday: Balasinor
Visit the Dinosaur Fossil Park (one of the largest in the world) followed by a village visit before being treated to a lunch meeting with the Royal Family to relish their unique cuisine.
Day 08 / Saturday: Disembark in Mumbai - 0815 hrs
Arrive at Mumbai and bid farewell to the Maharajas’ Express after breakfast on-board.