Holidays to Bonaire by Barefoot Traveller, Bonaire is a little known gem 30 miles from Curacao, 50 miles north of Venezuela, 86 miles east of Aruba and conveniently outside of the Caribbean hurricane belt.
Bonaire holidays signify the perfect diving holidays to one of the most spectacular islands on earth. With Bonaire holidays you will be swimming amongst a myriad of sea life, exploring interesting wrecks and dining on mouth watering sea food.
Bonaire’s greatest asset is the nearly continuous coral reef that in many places begins only yards from shore. Bonaire’s dive sites are marked by yellow stones on the coastal road along the leeward coast. All you have to do is find one, pull off the road and wade in.
Want more on Bonaire holidays? Bonaire offers an array of outdoor adventures. Windsurfing at Lac Bay, kayaking through the mangroves and mountain biking through Washington Slangbaai National Park, also provide enjoyable diversions, as do the island’s excellent restaurants and locally brewed beer.
Good To Know About Bonaire
Highlights of Bonaire Holidays
- Hundreds of world class dive sites
- 24hr Shore diving throughout the island
- Town and salt pier night dives
- An eclectic underwater world: turtles, dolphins, barracudas, and amazing coral formations
- Uninhabited Klein Island
- Pristine environment home to over 200 species of birds including flamingos
- Climate: Bonaire offers a temperate climate. Just north of the equator, Bonaire is blessed with sunlight for twelve hours each day.
- Best time to go: A year-round destination boasting of balanced rain and sun
- Flying time: 15 Hours via Amsterdam
- Our preferred airline: KLM
No tours match your criteria