Beyond the plains of East Africa and the forests of Madagascar lies a different paradise:
Mauritius – over 90 miles of immaculate white sand beaches and coral lagoons washed by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
The perfect setting for deep-sea fishing, sea walking, snorkelling, diving, boating and golf. But Mauritius is more than a beach. It features subtropical forests, rivers and waterfalls, with exotic flora and fauna, including the giant Victoria Regia water lilies in the Jardin Botanique de Pamplemousses.
Climate: Mauritius is blessed with consistently good weather year round with average temperatures of 29°C. The sea temperature varies between 22°C and 27°C year round. The rainy season from January to March. Average sunshine is 7 hours per day.
Good To Know about Mauritius
Highlights of Mauritius
- The best beaches in the world surrounded by turquoise waters
- Diverse and exhilarating aquatic resources
- A melting pot of cultures
- Luxury accommodation to suit any budget
- Best time to go: November to April, May to October is the best time for surfing
- Flying time: Approximately 12 hours
- Our preferred airlines: British Airways, Air Mauritius