In the heart of South East Asia lies Thailand, a country filled with graceful people, natural beauty, a rich cultural past and heritage, and known affectionately and with good reason as ‘The Land of Smiles’.
Thailand is a country of scenic diversity and ancient traditions, of tranquil temples and modern urban excitement. Varied are the experiences in Thailand, thanks largely to the 4 natural regions which Thailand is divided into.
Those looking for colourful nightlife and a shopping experience ranging from sophisticated designer shopping malls to traditional, haggle-as-hard-as-you-can flea markets, will know that Phuket is the place to head to, however what many travellers do not know is that it also offers a more sophisticated side, with excellent accommodation options and attractions.
Holidays to Thailand provides top Beach destinations include Patong Beach, lively with shopping and bars. And there is even more variety outside the towns, with family friendly attractions such as the Phuket Fanta Sea theme park, or Splash Jungle, the first water park in the region that includes the National Geographic Dive Centre.
Good To Know About Thailand
Highlights of Thailand
- Be transported in time through Bangkok’s temples and palaces
- Laze on deserted islands in Krabi
- Shop till you drop in Phuket
- Experience rich culture that will Zen you in H’mong
- Go wild in the jungles of Khao Sok
- Climate: October to February sees much less rain, lower humidity and more relaxed temperatures.
- Best time to go: A year-round destination
- Flying time: 11h30mins
- Our preferred airlines: Thai Airways, British airways, Emirates