Sri Lanka and Maldives
Combining two stunning, tropical destinations in our exquisite Sri Lanka and Maldives package, we are able to offer honeymooners the ultimate, cultural site seeing tour followed by relaxation and tranquillity at a serene coral island retreat.
This Honeymoon in Sri Lanka and Maldives is the perfect solution for couples wanting to experience the best of both worlds!
In Sri Lanka, your personal chauffeur guide will enable you to enjoy a combination of history, wildlife, culture, scenery and of course Sri Lankan hospitality. You will visit 6 historical UNESCO World Heritage sites including the 5th century Rock Fortress at Sigiriya and the Golden Temple of Dambulla. At Yala National Park on an early morning safari, you are sure to see a wide variety of wild life such as elephants, wild buffalo, mongoose, sloth bear, spotted deer and even maybe a leopard. A visit to the world’s most famous sacred Buddhist shrine, the Temple of the Tooth Relic will leave you speechless and a stunning scenic drive, which will transport you through the breath taking hills of the lush tea plantation to Nuwara Eliya. Our carefully selected hotels in spectacular locations will provide quality relaxation time throughout your tour in Sri Lanka.
On the second part of your twin-centre holiday, you will be whisked by speedboat to the paradise resort Coco Bodu Hithi, surrounded by white sands and crystal-clear water for your beach stay in the Maldives. Staying in and Island Villa with your own beachfront terrace, private garden and pool, you can relax and rejuvenate in absolute privacy in your Maldives accommodation or enjoy the various water sports, spa treatments and fine dining restaurants available at this sensational resort.
Barefoot Traveller’s 16 day tropical twin-centre package to include your honeymoon in Sri Lanka and Maldives has been designed by our experts to ensure that your special holiday is truly memorable. It can also be customised to create an individual holiday, unique to you.
Contact our travel team to discuss the details of your perfect honeymoon.
Highlights of Sri Lanka and Maldives
- Discover stunning Sri Lanka including 6 of its UNESCO World Heritage sites covering the Sigiriya Rock Fortress and the Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Relax in the scenic, lush highlands staying at a former tea plantation
- Wildlife safari in Yala National Park which is home to elephants, wild buffalo & crocodiles
- 6 nights luxury Bodu Hithi island, Maldives, staying in a stylish Island villa with private garden, pool and beachfront terrace
- Stunning 360° ocean views & coral paradise, on site spa, snorkelling & dive school
Day 1 Departure:
Day 2 Colombo:
Day 3 Colombo - Kandalama:
Day 4 Sigiriya & Polonnaruwa:
Day 5 Kandalama - Kandy:
Day 6 Kandy - Nuwara Eliya:
Day 7 Nuwara Eliya:
Day 8 Nuwara Eliya - Yala:
Day 9 Galle:
Day 10 Maldives:
Day 11 - 15 Coco Bodu Hithi:
Day 16: Departure
- International flights including all taxes with Sri Lankan Airlines
- Accommodation in 4 & 5* hotels as described on half board basis for 8nights
- Private transfer by air conditioned car with your personal chauffeur/ guide
- Vehicle for safari at Yala National park
- All entrance fees as indicated
- All applicable taxes
- Accommodation at Coco Bodu Hithi for 6nights on bed and breakfast basis
- Return airport transfer by speedboat
- 3 course candle-lit complimentary romantic dinner cause of your stay in the Maldives
- Honeymoon courtesies:
– All prices are subject to availability and excluding peak periods
- Lunch throughout
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera/video permits at the Elephant Orphanage and Kandy Temple
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, wait-staff, maid service, porters, telephone calls and items of a personal nature.
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Visa fee (@USD35 per person) – please refer http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ for more information and to obtain the ETA visa
- Any other expenses not mentioned above
- Lunch and Dinner throughout your stay
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc. Any other services not mentioned above