Off the beaten path Sri Lanka, the trail less taken.
If you are looking for an off the beaten path tour to a far flung exotic destination, this one is for you.
Explore Sri Lanka on roads less traveled. This off the beaten path itinerary will take you across the West, the North and East Coast of Sri Lanka, culminating with a scenic plane journey back to the shores of the Capital city.
Your off the beaten path tour begins at a beach hotel in the town of Chilaw where you will simply relax after your long haul flight in anticipation of the trail ahead. Next day proceed to the wilds of Wilpattu for a stay at a tented safari camp complete with bush walks and private safaris. From here move further North to Mannar. Mannar is still a relatively untouched tourist destination but is famed for its mythical Adam’s Bridge which was said to have been an ancient bridge between India and Sri Lanka. Remnants of this trail can still be seen and is yours to discover during your stay here. Whilst in Mannar also be sure to make a visit to a local home for a meal and an afternoon well spent understanding the ways of life in this part of the island. Once your time in Mannar is complete proceed on to the Northern most past of the island – Jaffna, which has now flourised into a bustling city with a rich culture and vibrance of its own. Whilst in Jaffna be sure to try their cuisine which is unlike the rest of the island – seafood and spice are kings here. During your time in Jaffna take a boat trip to Nagadeepa surrounded by crystal blue waters akin to the Maldives. From Jaffna head East to the endless beaches of Trincomalee where whale watching, snorkelling, historical temples await you. Spend four nights in complete leisure in this part of the island before taking a 40 minute scenic plane journey to the capital of the island. Arrive in Colombo and explore the beating heart of this gorgeous island complete with a sunset dinner by shore before flying back home the next day.
Highlights of this off the beaten path tour
- A private journey at your pace exploring the lesser visited parts of Sri Lanka
- Stays in the best hotels in the region
- The diverse cuisines on offer
- A memorable plane journey taking in the sights from above
Day 1: London - Colombo
Day 2: Airport - Chilaw
Day 3: Chilaw - Wilpattu
Day 4: Wilpattu
Day 5: Wilpattu - Mannar
Day 6: Mannar
Day 7: Mannar
Day 8: Mannar - Jaffna
Day 9: Jaffna
Day 10: Jaffna - Trincomalee
Day 11: Trincomalee
Day 12: Trincomalee
Day 14: Trincomalee - Mount Lavinia
Day 15: Sri Lanka - UK
- International flights in economy class
- Private transfers by air-conditioned vehicle with your personal chauffeur guide
- Accommodation as specified above or equivalent standard for 14 nights
- Safaris as per the itinerary
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights
- All applicable taxes
- Lunch throughout
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera/video permits
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, wait-staff, maid service, porters, telephone calls and items of a personal nature.
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Any other expenses not mentioned above