It is no coincidence that Serendipity is also the local name for the incomparable holiday island of Sri Lanka.
Often known as the Pearl of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka scores where tradition accepts modernism in every aspect, capturing the best of all worlds.
It basks in year round glorious sunshine, and no less than seven world heritage sites.
With its mix of culture, religion, art, craft, festivals and costumes, visitors cannot help but be enchanted with this holiday island.
Good To Know about Sri Lanka
Highlights of Sri Lanka
- Discover the captivating mix of ancient architecture, rich culture and vibrant natives
- Visit one of the island’s UNESCO World Heritage site, The Rock Fortress of Sigiryia
- Take in the varied climate that blesses these shores
- Enjoy 800 miles of palm-fringed beaches, calm waters and energetic water sports
- Get lost in the spectacular bird life and the wild safari opportunities.
- Do a spot of Whale and dolphin watching in the calm ocean
- Best time to go: A year-round destination boasting of balanced rain and sun
- Flying time: 11 hours
- Our preferred airlines: Sri Lankan Airlines, British Airways, Emirates