A Cultural Sri Lankan Escape
Set in the Indian Ocean in South Asia, this sensationally tropical 11 night Cultural Sri Lankan holiday offers a remarkable combination of captivating heritage, stunning landscapes, an abundance of wildlife as well as some tranquil relaxation.
With recorded history dating back over 2000 years and archaeological World Heritage Sites recognised by UNESCO, there are so many relics and artefacts to see and ancient kingdoms to explore as you travel into the heart of this beautiful county. Anuradhapura, the first ancient Royal capital is where your Sri Lanka Tour will begin with a 2 night stay at the luxury boutique Forest Rock Garden Hotel.
As the name suggests, this unique hotel is surrounded by lush green trees and is carefully designed to feel similar to the ancient, sacred city. From here, you are ideally located to embark upon your early morning safari to Sri Lanka’s largest National Park, Wilpattu, home to 31 species of mammals as well as an impressive variety of flora in huge expanses of forest.
Your first heritage tour will also depart from here with a guided tour of this remarkable city. Sitting in the heart of the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka, close to five UNESCO World Heritage Sites and built overlooking the 8th wonder of the world – the rock fortress of Sigiriya, Heritance Kandalama is ideally located for cultural exploration and is your 5* paradise hotel for the next 4 nights. With 3 stunning pools including an infinity pool which blends over the water of the Kandalama Lake, quality relaxation time is also guaranteed in this peaceful retreat.
With an overnight stay in Kandy at Cinnamon Citadel, you will be able to visit one of the world’s most sacred Buddhist shrines, The Temple of Tooth Relic as well as visit Dambulla Cave Temple, another UNESCO world heritage site before visiting an elephant sanctuary on-route to your final destination, Negombo.
Your last few leisure days spent at the 5* stylish Sri Lankan beach hotel, Jetwing Blue will enable you to absorb all that you have experienced on this cultural Sri Lankan holiday.
Highlights of a Cultural Sri Lankan Holiday
- Wildlife Safari at Wilapattu National Park searching for sloth bears and leopards
- City tour to the sacred city of Anuradhapura to visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- The ancient city of Polonnaruwa, a splendid medieval city of Royal palaces, parks and reservoirs
- The ancient city of Sigiriya where you can climb the 5th century Rock Fortress
- The Golden Temple of Dambulla were you can explore this largest and best preserved Sri Lankan cave temple complex
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic, one of the most sacred Buddhist shrines in the world
- The Elephant Sanctuary in Pinnawala – an orphanage, nursery and captive breeding ground, home for the largest herd of captive wild Asian elephants in the world
Day 01 Departure:
Day 02 Colombo Airport - Anuradhapura:
Day 03 Wilapattu and Anuradhapura:
Day 04 Anuradhapura - Kandalama:
Day 05 Kandalama:
Day 06 Sigiriya & Polonnaruwa:
Day 07 Hiriwaduna:
Day 08 Kandalama - Kandy:
Day 09 Kandy - Negombo:
Day 10 - 12 Negombo:
Day 13 Negombo - Colombo Airport:
- Private transfers by air-conditioned vehicle with your personal chauffeur/guide
- Accommodation in a double / twin room at 4 & 5* hotels as described on half board basis
- All entrance fees
- All applicable taxes
- Lunch throughout
- Alcoholic beverages
- Expenses of personal nature
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Visa fee (@USD35 per person) – please refer http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ for more information and to obtain the ETA visa