A holiday journey exploring the Wildlife of Sri Lanka
Take in the best wildlife spots in Sri Lanka in the hunt for the elusive leopard and sloth bear whilst also experiencing seemingly up close encounters with the other wildlife of this thriving island.
Take a trip of a lifetime exploring the wildlife of Sri Lanka in the hopes of spotting the ‘big five’ of this vibrant island. Journey across the west and Southern coasts of Sri Lanka in the hopes of being up close and seemingly personal with leopards, sloth bears, elephants, sperm whales and blue whales.
Spend your days in luxurious campsites and tasteful boutique hotels and resorts, carefully curated for the discerning wildlife enthusiast.
Your time will begin in Wilpattu staying at a luxury campsite with daily private safaris and guided walks in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the most elusive leopard. From here journey to the centre of the island with a stay at a stunning chalet surrounded by a lake, couple your time here with a trek to the iconic Sigiriya Lion’s Rock Fortress followed by a day spent at a local village learning about the intricacies of village life. Next, your journey will take you to the mountains of Gal Oya to witness wild swimming elephants via a private boat safari on a expansive reservoir. Your stay in Gal Oya will be at a top end luxury lodge complete with a picnic by a river. Afterwards you will be driven south to the National Park of Uda Walawe for yet another private safari and a visit to an elephant transit home. Your wildlife journey does not end here! Finally reach the shores of Southern Sri Lanka for a final few days by the beach complete with a whale watching excursion and to end it all, a core memory moment of releasing turtle hatchlings.
- Private safaris throughout
- Stays at luxurious campsites and boutique hotels
- Decadent Al a carte daily breakfast and dinner
- Insights into the wildlife of Sri Lanka
And like all of our tours, this Wildlife of Sri Lanka itinerary can be customised to create an individual holiday, unique to you.
Contact our expert travel team to discuss the details.
Day 1: Departure from the UK
Day 2: Negombo
Day 3: Negombo - Wilpattu
Day 4: Wilpattu
Day 5: Wilpattu - Dambulla
Day 6: Sigiriya
Day 7: Gal Oya
Day 8: Gal Oya
Day 9: Uda Walawe
Day 10: Uda Walawe
Day 11: Galle
Day 12: Galle
Day 13: Galle
Day 14: Airport - UK
- International flights in economy class
- Private transfers by air-conditioned vehicle with your personal chauffeur guide
- Accommodation as specified above or equivalent standard for 12 nights
- Safaris as per the itinerary
- All entrance fees
- All applicable taxes
- Lunch throughout
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera/video permits
- Gratuities to guides, drivers, wait-staff, maid service, porters, telephone calls and items of a personal nature.
- Vehicle whilst at leisure unless specified otherwise
- Any other expenses not mentioned above