You may decide to substitute internal travel by road with a domestic flight or an overnight train journey.
You may have specific hotels in mind that you have always dreamed of staying in. Or you may wish to slow down the pace of the holiday or perhaps add a beach extension to the end for extra relaxation. Whatever you wish to do, our tailor made India travel experts can put together a program which is perfect for you. There is so much to see, hear, feel, discover and absorb in India. It is truely a country which will assault all your senses in one go. India will leave you excited, exhausted, enlightened, sometimes shocked and often confounded. It will also leave you wanting more!
Good To Know about India
ETA Visa needed for UK citizens. Everyone else needs to check with their embassy.
Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati, Urdu, Kannada, Odia, Malayalam, Punjabi, Sanskrit & English
Highlights of India
- Visit the mystifying wonder of the world – The Taj Mahal
- Tour the Ranthambore for a glimpse of the Bengal Tiger
- Navigate the inland rivers on a traditional houseboat
- Join the pilgrims at Varanassi and Srinagar
- Take a train journey and witness the changing panoramas in a day
- Taste exotic flavors of diverse regions
- Discover the majestic Forts & embellished Palaces
- Take in the marvellous colors the people vibrate
- Stay at Palace turned Hotels and feel like a King
- The best time to go: There are five seasons in India – Spring, Summer, Monsoon, Autumn and Winter. Between October to March is a great time to travel. May to September – North and Central India and in the South the monsoon generally lingers into October. This is a good time to visit the mountains to escape the heat and rain.
- Flying time: Approx 8 1/2 hours to Delhi
- Our preferred airlines: British Airways, Jet Airways, Emirates
Travel like Royalty aboard the Maharaja Express to experience a 7 star ‘World Leading Luxury’ steam train excursion whilst also exploring a wealth of Indian culture, historical splendour and exotic wildlife in 4 contrasting cities.
Indian Ocean multi-centre Holiday in India, Maldives and Dubai just became easier and more affordable with this new and exciting 14-night package from Barefoot Traveller.
This 15-night multi-centre adventure holiday in India, Sri Lanka and Dubai is sure to exceed all expectations and delight all travellers. Combining stunning scenery with the rich heritage and history of India, a luxurious stay in one of Sri Lanka’s finest 5* stunning beach resorts and a chic city break in Dubai, this Indian Ocean escape has it all.
India and The Maldives£3250
For an adventure honeymoon that combines a wildlife holiday in India with a luxurious beach break in the Maldives, look no further than this 16-day honeymoon tour courtesy of Barefoot Traveller.
Holiday in India, exploring soulful South India is a gentle introduction to holidays in India, where the pace of life is calmer and relaxing.
Kaleidoscopic Kerala - Are you too excited when it comes to looking for honeymoon in India packages and too tired chasing all your needs at one destination?
Luxury Family Holiday£2375
Our luxury family holiday to India is specially designed with you and your family in mind, offering a magical tour of all the must-see sights, an Jaipur-Collection exciting safari to spot the tigers in Ranthambhore National Park and a relaxing 5-night family beach break in sunny Goa at the end of your tour.
Our 14 day Indian Ocean twin-centre package offers the best of both worlds by combining an exciting 7 days cultural tour of India to visit some spectacular, historical sites followed by 7 luxury day’s beach stay, relaxing on a sun-soaked island in the Maldives.